26 April 2007

Every day for 6 years

As the sun goes down on Telecom Prospect 2007, the one thing I can't get out of my head (my takeaway if you will) is a sound. Not a big one, but a tiny sample looped occasionally through the et al. work. It's a hauntingly beautiful piano sequence that I first came across underscoring a hauntingly beautiful You tube video. In said video a guy named Noah, above, took a photo of himself every day for six years, and stitched them together to make up a 5 and a half minute autobiography. Compelling.

I've always found the soundtracks to et al works equally compelling - from Freudian lectures coming out of a chaise lounge to a seemingly white noise score to a video game in works in abnormal mass delusions, to the political lectures interspersed by marauding APUs of the fundamental practice.
I even bought the soundtrack to the Venice installation recently - something I listen to at top volume when nobody else is home, and pretend there's a network of narrow streets and alleys between the kitchen and the lounge.

So my views of Prospect?
As the sum of its parts it was huge.

Clicky clicky:
Prospect
Noah takes a photo of himself every day for 6 years
Haunting piano soundtrack by Carly Comando
et al.
abnormal mass delusions
the fundamental practice

No comments: