Discovered on the E-Flux site this morning - Manual - a guide to recreating art from a whole bunch of international performance, conceptual, and situational artists. It's good. Do it now (from artist Franz West):
- Take a broomstick and tightly bandage both the handle and the bristles with cotton gauze so that the bristles stand on end.
- Take 35 decagrams of plaster and mix with the appropriate amount of water.
- Distribute the plaster over the entire bandaged surface.
- Take another strip of gauze and bandage the plastered work again.
- Apply another layer of plaster to totally cover the work.
- Repeat this procedure once again and let the "Passstueck" dry completely.
- The result of this procedure is that the object can be used as a "Passstueck," either alone, in front of a mirror, or in front of guests. Deal with it however you feel suitable. Encourage your guests to act out their intuitive thoughts for possible uses of the object.