05 March 2008

Balancing act

Since the start of the year I've been monitoring arts coverage in the Herald and the Dom Post - namely the editorial column centimetres dedicated to each of visual arts, theatre or performing arts, dance, music, film, and literary arts over the last couple of months.
  • I suspect it's rather skewed by the Wellington festival and the performing bias there
  • Visual arts placed a lot higher than I suspected, but then a good tale about a wealthy collector, a stolen McCahon, and stunning customer service will do that
  • Music wins, thanks to Tom Jones
  • Surprisingly low was literarature, again I think due to the festival, but Readers and Writers week will likely balance that out a bit
  • And dancers lose.

It's by no means an exhaustive study - I missed a handful of the weekend papers, and forgot on a couple of days - but remotely interesting to do. You'd almost think I have nothing better to do.

1 comment:

Sobre nós said...

WOW!!!
I'm impressed. Is this what kiwis do when they are expecting a baby?