I've never been a huge fan of SUVs, despite hiring a baby one on occasion to go snowboarding, and doing a 4wd driving thing in a Range Rover once. Something about the smoke a lot of them put out, the aggression that a lot of the drivers exhibit, and the safety abominations caused by a centre of gravity 4 feet off the ground.
But last weekend we had one of our very own for a wee while, due to visiting in-laws bringing the 'work car' - a GMC Yukon. To say it was big is like saying Lord of the rings is a film about a short guy who goes for a walk.
- It was exactly twice the height of our regular car.
- It had more leg room than my lounge.
- It had a 5.8 litre V8.
- It was bigger than every other SUV we encountered.
- It had over 12" of body roll (by my totally unscientific calculations)
- It had mirror glass in the back